NZ On Air's October 2012 Making Tracks Funding Round
NZ On Air will fund 22 new music projects from its October Making Tracks funding round.
The 22 projects were selected from a field of 113 applications, down slightly on the 123 applications in the September round.
Fourteen are $10,000 grants for recording a song and making a music video to back up the release of the song and eight are $6,000 grants for making a music video only.
This means that NZ On Air has funded 417 projects since the Making Tracks scheme was launched in July last year (from 1,665 applications).
Decisions are based on the broadcast, music and audience merits of the songs that have been submitted. An independent panel of broadcasting and music professionals makes the recommendations.
The list of 22 projects for October follows -
(a) Funding of up to $10,000 for each of the following 14 Making Tracks projects in the October round, comprising up to $4,000 for recording a song and $6,000 for making a music video of that same song -
· Aldous Harding/Hunter
· Andrew Keoghan & Claire Duncan/Stuck In Melodies
· Anika Boh & Hollie/Alone
· Faster Pussycat Kill Kill/Sebastian
· French For Rabbits/Goat
· L A Mitchell/Lose The Game
· Kings Forever/Leave It All Behind
· Loui The Zu/In The Winter
· Stan Walker/Take It Easy
· The Phoenix Foundation/Evolution Did
· Tomorrow People/Irie Music
· Tyra Hammond/How Can You Love Me?
· Vince Harder featuring K.One & J Williams/Dream
(b) Funding of $6,000 for each of the following 8 Making Tracks projects in the October round, being funding for making a music video only -
· Aaradhna/Lorena Bobbitt
· Black City Lights/Offering
· Breaks Co-Op/One Moment In Time
· King Cannons/Too Hot To Handle
· Little Lapin/Waiting Room
· Nightchoir/Pretty Good
· Tama Waipara/Medicine Man
· Trei featuring Thomas Oliver/Running
The six independent broadcasting and music professionals on the October Making Tracks Panel were -
Sarah Gandy [ZM; Auckland]
Rachel Morton [RDU; Christchurch]
Oliver Sealy [TVNZ U; Auckland]
Chris Caddick [RIANZ; Auckland]
Westley Holdsworth [NZ Musician magazine; Auckland]
Neil Baldock [Roundhead Studios; Auckland]
The winner of theaudience Wild Card Making Tracks grant for October will be announced on 01 November when the votes have been counted.
The next MakingTracks funding round - the last for the 2012 calendar year - closes at 5.00pm on Thursday 01 November. Applications can be made online at http://www.kiwihits.co.nz.