MakingTracks July Funding Round
NZ On Air will fund 24 new music projects from its July Making Tracks funding round.
The 24 projects were selected from a field of 103 applications.
Twelve are $10,000 grants for recording a song and making a music video to back up the release of the song and 12 are $6,000 grants for making a music video only.
This means NZ On Air has funded 345 projects since the Making Tracks scheme was launched in July last year (from 1,319 applications).
Decisions are based on the broadcast, music and audience merits of the songs that have been submitted. An independent panel of broadcasting and music professionals makes the recommendations.
The list of 24 projects for July follows -
(a) Funding of up to $10,000 for each of the following 12 Making Tracks projects in the July round, comprising up to $4,000 for recording a song and $6,000 for making a music video of that same song -
- Abby Lee/Square One
- Andrew Keoghan/Better Company
- Autumn Splendour/Claire
- Bulletproof featuring Silva Emcee/The Warning
- Dane Rumble/Tonight
- Esther Stephens/Under You
- Five Mile Town/Curious Creature
- Head Like A Hole/Hardest Battle
- Jamie McDell/Angel
- Jeremy Redmore/One Day Alone
(b) Funding of $6,000 for each of the following 12 Making Tracks projects in the July round, being funding for making a music video only -
- Bic Runga/If You Really Do
- Boh Runga, Anika Moa, Hollie Smith/Be Mine
- Goodshirt/Out Of Our League
- Great North/To Leave Someone
- Iva Lamkum & P Money/Doo Bop
- K'Lee featuring Tyson Tyler/Tables Have Turned
- Pieter T/Make Believe
- Ruby Frost/Young
- Shapeshifter/Diamond Trade
- Tahuna Breaks/Smooth
- The Eversons/Terminally Lame
- Von Voin Strum/Power & Filth
The seven independent broadcasting and music professionals on the July Making Tracks panel were -
David Brice [The Radio Network; Auckland]
Jacob Lilley [Radio Control; Palmerston North]
Matt Barthow [C4 Music Television; Auckland]
Stephen O'Hoy [Amplifier; Auckland]
Liisa McMillan [Radio NZ National; Wellington]
Neil Cox [Chart; Christchurch]
Rikki Morris [The Bus Recording Studios; Auckland]
The winner of theaudience Wild Card Making Tracks grant for July will be announced on 01 August when the votes have been counted.
The next MakingTracks funding round closes at 5.00pm on Wednesday 01 August. Applications can be made online at http://www.kiwihits.co.nz