Parachute Festival Applications Open
21 years in the running, Parachute Festival is one of the largest multi-day music festivals in the Southern Hemisphere. Featuring 100 bands across four stages, the four day festival, which draws about 25,000 people per year, has boasted international headliners like Switchfoot, Anberlin, Underoath, Relient K, Skillet and Casting Crowns, as well as the cream of the local crop.
Music aside, Parachute Festival features international speakers, village markets, carnival activities and musician seminars, making it a renowned hotspot on the Kiwi summer radar. Parachute Festival is a drug and alcohol free event. They are currently accepting submissions from all genres. There are at least 30 reserved slots for Sonicbids artists.
SOME INFO YOU NEED TO KNOW
- To be accepted to play at Parachute Festival you must be available to perform 1-2 shows between 3pm Friday 27 January and 1pm Monday 30 January 2012.
- Artists performing at Parachute are expected to uphold Christian values, acknowledging that it is an all ages, drug and alcohol free event.
- If applying to perform at Parachute you must provide a written reference of endorsement from your pastor or church leader.
- If you are accepted to play at Parachute Festival, you will be given a minimum of 1 x 30 minute set. We will send you details of your performance time(s) and location(s) by 9 December 2011.
- Parachute will provide standard production and limited backline for your performance(s).
- For selected artists: A full weekend pass is provided to each band member performing at Parachute. (NOTE: free passes are for performers only - no free passes will be given to tech personnel or crew).
- For artists selected to play in Debut showcases: You will be required to purchase a ticket to Festival; this can either be a day pass for the day you are performing, or a full weekend pass. For ticket info please go to http://www.iticket.co.nz/events/2012/jan/parachute-2012/
- Parachute will not provide any performance fees, compensation, travel/accommodation or artist meals. Parachute can provide limited assistance in the booking of accommodation on a first-in-first-served basis. There will be plenty of food vendors onsite for meals, with prices ranging from $3 to $15.
- There will be tables available at each venue for the sale of artist merchandise. The artist will be allowed to sell merchandise immediately following their set and for the two sets following their performance. Parachute will not take any commission on these sales. Merchandise is the sole responsibility of the artist; including the management and selling of merchandise. Parachute accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen merchandise.
To apply, visit http://www.parachutemusic.com