NZ music's technical specialists to be honoured
The finalists for the technical categories in the 2005 Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards have been announced.
There are three Technical Awards, Best Album Cover, Best Engineer and Best Producer.
The winners are to be announced and the Tui trophies presented at the Finalists' Announcement and Technical Awards on September 2 at The Hilton Auckland.
The finalists in the Best Album Cover category are:
- Andy Morton and Andrew B. White for Tha Feelstyle's Break It To Pieces;
- Chris Brunskill for Katchafire's Slow Burning; and,
- Tana Mitchell for the cover of Audiosauce's Contimental Drift.
In the Best Engineer category, the finalists are:
- Angus McNaughton, engineer on Southern Lights by SJD;
- Doug Jane, for his work on Into The West by Yulia; and,
- Nick Abbott and Luke Tomes, for Pipeline Under The Ocean by Pluto.
The finalists for Best Producer are:
- Angus McNaughton and Sean Donnelly for Southern Lights by SJD;
- Lee Prebble for The Phoenix Foundation's Pegasus; and,
- Nick Abbott, Luke Tomes and Pluto for Pipeline Under The Ocean by Pluto.
The finalists for the main awards will be revealed at the same function in Auckland on September 2.