Goodnight Nurse flew in to the New Zealand music industry like a bat out of hell – blind and screaming. But from a dingy west Auckland garage, where neighbors often mistook their songs for the cries of Satan's winged messengers come to signal the end of the world, they've managed to crawl their way up and into the hearts of NZ people, and are now one of New Zealand's biggest up-and-coming rock acts.
Their debut album ALWAYS AND NEVER was released Jan 23 2006 through Warner Music, debuting at #5 on the NZ album charts and going gold in the process. Produced, engineered and mixed by CaptainHook (48May), ALWAYS AND NEVER includes previous hit singles 'Loner', 'Taking Over', 'Going Away' and 'Our Song', as well as the latest single 'My Only' which is currently on high rotation on radio and TV nationwide.
And whilst in the past Goodnight Nurse have been known to fool around – their previous music videos have seen them set their van on fire, crash it, trash houses and make out with Chihuahuas – the album proves that there is more to Goodnight Nurse than some may have thought. On ALWAYS AND NEVER you'll find everything from upbeat party songs, to highly emotional power ballads, to heavy punk-influenced rock songs. So whether you're angry, happy, upset, lonely, in love or horny, there's a song for you.
For a band that began in 2002 with no prior musical experience and no clue, the achievements of Goodnight Nurse have been many:
- They now have a Top 5 album (ALWAYS AND NEVER reaching #5 and going gold in it's first week).
- They've had two Top 20 singles (the 'Our Song' single reaching #15 and the Taking Over/Loner Double A-side reaching #19).
- They've toured the country on several occasions, including the history-making Boost Mobile NZ Schools Tour '04 which saw them play to over 50,000 people (at 120 shows in 5 months one of the biggest tours a band has ever done of New Zealand).
- They've played at some of New Zealand's biggest events and festivals, including Edgefest, X*Air, Crusty Demons, Orientation and the Beach Day Out.
- They've won Best Breakthrough Video at the Juice TV Awards in 2004 for their debut single 'Loner'.
Now, with the release of ALWAYS AND NEVER on Jan 23 2006, the list of achievements just got a lot longer. While this bat may be a little blind, it seems to have a pretty good idea of where it's going.
- 48May on tour with Steriogram and Goodnight Nurse
- Schools Tour Reunion Gig this Friday
- Our Boys Are All Grown Up - NZ Schools Tour Bands Go Top 40
- The 2006 Juice TV Awards Winners
- Second Big Day Out lineup announcement
- Massive new Kiwi Music Fest for Welly
- North Shore City announce Shore Sounds 2008 Free Summer Concerts series
- Goodnight Nurse - I Need This tour!!!!
- Tiki Taane, Anika Moa and Liam Finn among finalists in Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards technical section
- Goodnight Nurse South Island Tour
|Taking Over||3:01||MP3||NZ $1.99||Play||Buy|
|Going Away||3:22||MP3||NZ $1.99||Play||Buy|
|This Is It||2:54||Play|
|I Need This||3:34||Play|
|All For You||3:59||Play|
|Death Goes To Disco||3:32||Play|
|Schools Tour #5||3:44||Play|
|Schools Tour #3||6:33||Play|
|Schools Tour #4||5:49||Play|
|Schools Tour #2||4:22||Play|
|Schools Tour #1||5:17||Play|
Paul - Bass/Backing Vocals
Jaden - Drums/Backing Vocals
Joel - Guitar/Lead Vocals
Alternative, Pop, Punk, Rock